Friday, October 04, 2024

Autumn Stick Figures or 32 Days Of Night

 

“Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters.”
 
~Stephen King
 
While in the Cosumnes River Preserve the other day, I found a stick on a bridge that reminded me of everything spooky. The stick figures hanging in the trees in the, Blair Witch Project, were the same types of figures in American Horror Story seasons Coven, and Roanoke. Was this a stick monster? Or maybe an omen of some evil to come? Nah, it was just a really cool stick, but it's fun to consider it, because when horror is done right, it can inspire the creative mind to imagine, what if? Like the movie Halloween points out, sometimes the Boogeyman wins, and when he does, it can take your whole life to defeat him.
 
We are in that situation right now with the upcoming election. Donald Trump is a boogeyman, and he is coming at us relentlessly. Will he win again? Even if he loses will it all be over? What horrific deals has he already done with world leaders?What is coming at us in the next 32 days that will shake us to our core. I love being scared, but this is not the kind of scared I want to be. We have already began our scary movie-a-thon for October, I will get it caught up here soon. I can't wait to share what horror movies we will be watching. Hopefully, watching them will help me deal with the high jinks of the biggest monster of them all! One recommendation I will make right now is, The Devil's Advocate. It will give you chills, for obvious reasons.
 

 

No comments: