Saturday, April 11, 2015

No Shirts. No Shoes. No Whining.

"Never tell your problems to anyone... 
20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."

~Lou Holtz

Friday was a good day. If you kept me in your thoughts yesterday... thank you. I got your good vibrations. Friday came with some light at the end of the tunnel. We will find out next week for sure but next week, fingers crossed, this case may be settled, and it will be onto the future from there. At least for this weekend, no whining, no crying, no anger, just packing up my things, and moving forward on.

Mood: I'm Good!

~Me :)

Friday, April 10, 2015

Enough Is Enough

"I had a dream about you. Our relationship faded from red to white and somewhere in the middle, in the pink zone, I told you I loved and you and you returned it.
 However, at white, our relationship went black and I sought red in the arms of another woman."

~Jarod Kintz, 
Dreaming Is For Lovers

It's a red day. By the end of business hours today, we will know whether or not my former landlords are going to pay us what is rightfully ours... or if Alan and I have to file suit in Superior Court to get our money back. Sigh. We are really hoping we won't have to do that. We don't want to do that. Sigh. We don't want to devastate anyone, we just want what's fair for us. 
We didn't ask for this situation. 
  There comes a time in life when you have to say... 


And NO, the quote doesn't really fit the words of the post, but it does remind us that life changes color sometimes, and so do relationships. Sometimes things really are BLACK AND WHITE.

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)

Thursday, April 09, 2015

A Little Less Blue, A Little More Purple

"It was strange walking through the empty apartment. My battered purple room was gone, Brittany's bruised blue was gone. Two coats covered everything. It was like none of it had ever happened."

~Kimberly Novosel

Okay, so the packing is coming along. Alan and I just invested about $80 in Space Bags and almost every set of sheets, and all my blankets and throws are now completely encased in plastic, flattened into a dense pancake shape, resting on the floor of my closet. As is all my coats, sweaters, warm socks, and some assorted catnip toys. All of which could be of good use at the moment, as it feels like 30 degrees outside! LOL. Isn't that always the way? You put an air-conditioner in the window, and pack all your Winter apparel in storage, and BAM it rains a cold Spring rain. 

I don't have purple walls in my apartment, I have Cornflower blue walls. I do, however, have a pair of purple lily lamps. They are cuter than they sound. I always loved that purple color, next to the color of those blue walls. So pretty. Hopefully, wherever we end up moving to, we will be able to paint the walls a nice color. Who knows, maybe a nice purple color this time. Like the purple in Monica and Rachel's apartment on Friends. I always loved their apartment. Yeah, maybe a little less blue and a little more purple in my life.

Mood: Doing Better/Almost Okay! :)

~Me :)

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Mere Color

"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning and unallied with definite form, 
can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."

~Oscar Wilde

As a rule, I am not particularly fond of palm trees. They are messy, and common, and don't have a lot of character going on, but for some reason this one was pleasing to the eye. Maybe it was the slant of the sun, or the blue mood I was in, which tends to make everything look different, I don't know why, it just caught my imagination, and I had a hard time looking away.  

Mood: Tired

~Me :)

Monday, April 06, 2015

Easter Hangover

"The next morning dawned bright and sweet, like ribbon candy."

~Sarah Addison Allen
Garden Spells

Easter in our house was low key, well, except for the packing and small pockets of anger and hurt. LOL. This week will bring a lot of emotions, and while I am not quiet sure what to expect, I have prepared myself for what comes next. In the immediate, and new week, in the abstract the rest of our lives, and where we live next. Living in a place for 14 years causes one to become rooted. To be suddenly pulled out by the roots is painful. I will remember that the next time I pull the weeds from the yard! I think I will probably say... "I'm Sorry" out loud. In a gentle voice. With a lot of compassion thrown in.

On a different subject... 
Don't you just love this Easter basket I saw at Walmart yesterday?

Mood: Scattered

~Me :)

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter

Easter is...
Joining in a birdsong,
Eying an early sunrise,
Smelling yellow daffodils,
Unbolting windows and doors,
Skipping through meadows,
Cuddling newborns,
Hoping, believing,
Reviving spent life,
Inhaling fresh air,
Sprinkling seeds along furrows,
Tracking in the mud.
Easter is the soul's first taste of spring."

Richelle E. Goodrich

From Our House To Yours...


Mood: Quiet

~Me :)