Saturday, October 05, 2024

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #14/ Happy Birthday Dad!

 

“I notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.”
 
~Friedrich Nietzsche
 
Today would have been my father's 106th birthday, so I wanted to chose a leaf from a park closest to where he lived. Cull Canyon Park. He enjoyed parks and nature. Our backyard was like a forest when I was growing up. It was filled with all kinds of fruit trees, grown with seeds and pits from the trees my grandfather grew. Apricots, black plums, cherries, walnuts and to make it all more delicious, summers were filled with blackberries we grew along the back fence. I wish I had taken a few of those fruit pits, but we were nowhere near owning our own home, with a yard big enough for a tree. I think about those trees, and dad, when I eat all the delicious summer fruits. He gave me a lot to cherish in life.
 
 

 
 

No comments: