Friday, November 06, 2020

Letting The Leaves Fall Where They Will

 

"I love autumn despite the drench weather. I think it symbolizes the end of misery and the beginning of glee. It gives hopes that sooner or later, flowers will bloom again, green buds will sprout from trees, and that which is dead will come back alive."

~Aishah Madadiy

Bits Of Heaven 
 
Well, there still isn't an apparent winner of the American presidency, as of 8:00 pm, Thursday, November 5th, 2020. If truth be told, however, I think before the sun comes up tomorrow morning, the race will be called for Joe Biden, by way of Pennsylvania. Shrug. There are a couple other paths as well, but who really knows? There are 5 battleground states remaining, but the Associated Press and Fox News have both called Arizona for Biden. Trump has filed... and lost... several lawsuits across the country. He gave a press conference that was belligerent, filled with lies, and a dog whistle to his cultist to interfere any way they could. Stop the vote in one place, demand the votes be counted in others. A situation that, like so many others, I plan to leave to history to document. I am too tired. We are almost at the end of the most terrifying time of my life, and I can see the finish line, but I am so tired that I can barely function. I am grateful that it's autumn though, because the leaves are falling in their own time, and no matter how I, or anyone else, feels about it, they fall where they will, just the way God, Mother Nature, and American politics intended. 
 
Falling Leaves In A Time Of American Politics








~Carly
Stockton, California
November 6th 2020

No comments: