Saturday, November 07, 2020

The Death Of Amateur Politics, Pandemics And Punditry

 

"On a withered branch 
A crow has alighted: Nightfall in autumn."
 
~Matsu Basho 


I didn't do as much photography as I wanted to on this vacation. So much was working against me. Two days of furlough money being deducted from Alan's paycheck, meant we had less money to spend. Covid-19 meant that we couldn't go to restaurants, not even Denny's, without making reservations way in advance, due to restrictions on how many can be served, and who knows if we would have felt like it when the time arrived. Covid-19 also derailed a lot of small traditions, like walking into somewhere like Old Navy or Ross and purchasing a t-shirt for the upcoming season. No movie theaters open. No comedy clubs. Nothing fun was open downtown, like ghost and zombie haunts. Life just didn't exist this vacation, and now it's almost over, and my life feels like it is being eaten alive, waiting for the results of the election. I pray that a year from now we will all be back to living. I swear, as soon as Joe Biden is sworn in, I am officially retired from amateur political punditry. With any luck, so will other people!
 
Make. It. Stop.
Just someone, please, call the fucking election already. 







~Carly
Stockton, California
November 7th 2020

No comments: