Sunday, November 08, 2020

270 - 214 Marching Toward January

 

"I was drinking in the surroundings: Air so crisp you could snap it with our fingers and greens in ever lush shade unimaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow."
 
~Wendy Desol
Stork 
 

America has a president, his name is Donald John Trump, but in 72 days, America will have a brand new president, and his name is Joseph R. Biden, and I couldn't be happier! At a little after 9:30 am, Saturday morning, Alan woke me with the good news that Pennsylvania had been called, and so had the election. It was that state that finally put him over the 270 figure, and a little later, Nevada came through with 6 more electoral college votes! As things stand now, Biden is at 290 and Donald Trump is at 214, but Georgia is looking really good! It could all come in before midnight Pacific time, but it's a fingers crossed kinda thing. Biden and Harris gave their first speeches Saturday night, as President and Madam Vice President elect, and of course I sat in front of the screen, hanging on every single word, wishing I could find a place to purchase a Biden Harris rally sign, as I have already put my yard sign on the wall of my newly painted office. Shrug. I'll find one somewhere, and then I will have it for the inauguration next January... and for the wall in my office eventually. I am/was such a politics nerd.




~Carly
Stockton, California
November 8th 2020
 
 

No comments: