Monday, November 09, 2020

Purple Weeds

 

"It was one of those days you sometimes get latish in the autumn when the sun beams, the birds toot, and there is a bracing tang in the air that sends the blood beetling briskly through the veins."
 
~PG Wodehouse
 Jeeves And The Old School Chum 
 
Vacation is officially over. I wonder what this next year will bring? I imagine that the next 72 days or so will be as irritating as any other day of the last 4 years, but they have all the potential to be more terrifying as anything we have seen so far from you know who. And by that I mean, Trump. It also has the potential to be absolutely funny beyond belief. That's the problem, there is no way to really anticipate exactly what will happen, all one can do is guess, and play the odds. For instance, what are the odds he will concede the election? Right now... not good! But now what are the odds I am going to keep my focus on my photography, and not be afraid anymore? Ask me the night before the inauguration, Tuesday, January 19th 2021. Circle it on your calendars. That also just happens to be the date of the next mini-break Alan and I are taking. We will have a really nice breakfast, watch the inauguration, grab a nap, and then enjoy the rest of our five days, taking a long deep sigh of relief, and toasting to the return to normal.
 
We will get there, no matter what that big baby Trump says or does.
 




~Carly
Stockton California
November 9th 2020

No comments: