Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sunday's In Sacramento In Autumn

 

"Squeeze your eyes closed, as tight as you can, and think of all your favorite autumns, crisp and perfect, all bound up together like a stack of cards. That is what it is like, the awful, wonderful brightness of Fairly colors. Try to smell the hard, pale wood sending up sharp, green smile into the afternoon. To feel the mellow, golden sun on your skin, more gentle and cozier and more golden than even the light of your favorite reading nook at the close of the day."
 
~Catherynne M. Valente
 
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland
 In A Ship Of Her Own Making 
 
Sacramento, formerly known as the, City Of Trees, is about as beautiful place in Autumn as it gets. I haven't devoted much time to doing my photography there, since moving to Stockton, but this season that might be all different. I can't afford to do the trips into the Sierra like I did on past years, but that's okay, it gives me a chance to get to know Sacramento as well as I had gotten to know San Francisco. It's home now, and I am feeling really good, despite 2020's cruelty. As I have mentioned before it's time to fight back. Do what I need to, to take care of Alan and myself, and resume living. Sacramento is a beautiful place! We were just there a couple days ago, on Sunday, and were delighted to find that it has finally put on it's pallet of the colors of autumn. It's almost impossible to not be happy. I'm pretty sure I will be spending a lot of Sunday's there from now, through winter. 
 





~Carly
Stockton, California
November 8th 2020
 




No comments: