Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Sacramento: Mid-Century Beauty... Wesslers, Body And Paint

"Sadness in autumn is an autumn within autumn."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

My search for Mid-Century signage is one of my favorite subjects, because I don't really plan for it, I simply visit older areas of towns, and keep my eyes open. It works in most cities in Northern California, like Stockton and Sacramento, which also tends to be dotted with "old west" architecture, which will never be a style I will be interested in. But I guess, never say never, right? San Francisco has a lot of different architecture styles, which allows my creativity to wander, and I hope to be visiting the city soon, but Oakland is also on my list for 2021 and I'm planning to stop in there much more often than in previous years. There is so much to see in the world, and exploring places I love anyway, with my camera in my hand, is when I am at my happiest.

 

Completely off topic, but I spotted this cool leaf situation the other day, and I thought it would be kinda cool in this post because of the cool lines. Anyway, my first thought was that the tiny branch was lovingly holding the group of leaves, so that the wind wouldn't carry them away. I really like that thought.






~Carly
Stockton, California
November 11th 2020

No comments: