Thursday, March 28, 2024

Less Trump, More Cowbell

 
 
 
“That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end.” 

~Elizabeth Wurtzel
 
Bruceville Road and The Cosumnes Wetlands.
 
Spring Bloom 2024

Okay, it's time for more cowbell! "I gotta have more cowbell!" Just kidding, but I need more humor, because Trump is beginning to live rent free in my head again, and it has to stop! I know how I am voting in the fall and I can't stop the decisions of others or should I say, the cult. Joe Biden has done more for me in the last 6 months, then Donald Trump did in the four years he served! In fact Trump's record just on Covid alone was devastating, but folks have short memories, and his cultists look with glee, on the man who did so much for them. Like causing the deaths of at least 17,000 folks during the pandemic. By contrast, because of Biden's current infrastructure bill, this beautiful spot on Bruceville road will continue to thrive. The adjacent wetlands will continue to attract the birds next autumn when the Pacific Flyway opens again. And I will see my Greater White-fronted Geese, and the Snow Geese. The Black-backed Stilt and the beautiful Sandhill Crane once again. The Earth needs this balance. So do I. So, for the next week, no matter how negative Trump goes, I will not respond to it. Call it political training. I ate a chocolate cake again the other day, I cannot do that again! He lived daily in my mind when he was in office, but right now we have criminal Trump, not President Trump, so I need to enjoy that fact for as long as we have it. Less negativity, more cowbell. I need to focus on the extreme likelihood that he will lose the 2024 election, and he will face jail time in 2025. As it should be, let it be.
 Poppies In Bloom

Snow Goose

Ladies and gentlemen... Blue Oyster Cult.
 

 

No comments: