Thursday, March 28, 2024

Bible Trumping

 

What does a person of faith, like myself, say to this?Nothing should surprise me about this man, and his efforts to grif his way through life, but this is simply too much for me to bear. He has blasphemed God before, using the bible to further is amoral efforts, but selling a bible that degrades not only God, but the U.S.A. is too much! The "God Bless The U.S.A. bible, as it appears to me, gives equal gives the glory to Lee Greenwood, wrote composed the song, God Bless The U.S.A. after the events of 9/11. At the time, I wasn't a fan. It has a county music flare and country music is just not my thing. Also, I had a friend, Janice, who played it way to much, like all the time, because it was somewhat patriotic, and she did enjoy the style of the music.Plus she took 9/11 hard. We all knew that day was a tragedy, and we all felt a state of patriotism, its just it took some folks to feel normal again. Janice was one of them.

For weeks and weeks she brought me printed flags, and talked about how many at Canter Fitzgerald died, which was the company she worked for. She was a temp for their office in San Francisco, and I completely understand her feelings, but she cried and went on about it for months! And that song... every time I went with her anywhere in her car she played it. But that was what it was. I eventually found excuses for why taking my car places was a good idea, and after while she got a clue, gently, and everything went back to normal. As it did for all of us. Like it did after Covid. Covid isn't over by the way, but we get numb to situations that shock us into real life. Like Donald Trump and his machinations as president. His suggesting that we drink beach to cure ourselves of Covid was pretty real, wasn't it? And now it is all but forgotten. I am sure, wherever Janice is, she is a fan of Trump and she will probably be one of the first people to purchase this blasphemous book. Inside it includes contains the, Constitution, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the lyrics to, wait for it, Lee Greenwood's, "God Bless The U.S.A!" When I accepted Christ, I learned that the bible was sacred, so this in outrageous! It takes the the focus off God, and puts it on Trump and Greenwood. 


And about the Bible and God... we have a the right to
  freedom of religion and of the separation of church and state.
 
 Both are sacred rights. 
 
And will lose them if Trump ever becomes president again. I feel like we as Americans are slipping away a little at a time. So slowly that no one even realizing it's happening, because we are all numb.

 

Note: I wrestled on whether or not to link to this deeply offensive attempt at grifting by Trump, but in the end I decided that if your are interested in it you can find it for yourself. I won't be a part of this.

 


 

No comments: