Monday, January 29, 2024

Hi, I'm The Joe


“What's your name,' Coraline asked the cat.
 'Look, I'm Coraline. Okay?'
'Cats don't have names,' it said.
'No?' said Coraline.
'No,' said the cat. 'Now you people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names.” 

~Neil Gaiman,
  Coraline  
 
All my cats came with their names. Elvis was Elvis... right from the start. Not only did he bear a strange resemblance to Elvis Presley, but women swooned over that cat, every single time. He dripped charm! Hendrix was a cool, velvet cat, and he loved music. Mostly Steppenwolf, but mostly anything from the 1960's. He has been comfortable in his own skin, asserting himself as the alpha of the house, without being cruel about it. He is a chill 1960's kinda child. Dylan likes to sing loud, whining every morning at dawn. Every. Single. Morning! I love the little guy, and I wouldn't change him for the world, but I am usually just going to sleep at dawn! Finally, my pal Joey... my love bug. He is also just himself. He presented his name to us, the day we picked him up. He is our Joey Ramon. Cool. Quirky. Full of life and the zoomies. If you are a fan of the Ramones, you know they were quite manic when they were at their most entertaining. My Joe is a little foodie. He loves pizza and Italian food in general, but like he came from Queens, New York! It's very strange, and a lot of fun to watch him go crazy over pizza. We only give him a small taste, and never, ever pork products, but he will sit in your lap the whole time you eat the cheese and sauce. When he doesn't get more than the taste, he will stare at you eye to eye, which is an odd thing to do. Most cats try to not look you in the eye. It's instinctual. So you see, cats do actually come with names. And nicknames too for that matter, just like my boys.
 
Elvis... Mr. Man
Hendrix... Bubba
Dylan... Dillybean
Joey... Joey The Pez
 
Mostly we just call them our little babies. I know I have done a similar post like this before, but every so often they just fill my heart so completely that I have to brag on just how awesome my cats are!
 

 

No comments: