Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Autumn Reflections Winter Shadows

 

"The smell of burning firewood and the molding of organic earthly substances reminded her of jumping wildly into the enormous leaf piles of autumns past and she suddenly wished that it was appropriate for someone her age to do such a thing."
 
~Abby Slovin
Letters In Cardboard Boxes 
 
I guess I really shouldn't complain, after all this year's autumn was more than generous with it's leaves, but I can feel winter coming on, and in a little less than a month from now, this project, and the season will come to an end. So, I guess it's time to choose a project for winter, and realistically, I think I choose birds as my new subject, with maybe tree skeletons as a sub-subject. Both will allow me to do my photography from inside the house, or the car, if the weather, or Covid-19 makes it necessary. The long shadows of the winter sun can't be counted on, which is fine, but it's another fascination of mine. Who knows, maybe when the time comes, I won't limit myself to one subject or another, maybe I will let my Twitter family decide which works the best as a nod to the season of winter.
 
What do you think about the two photos in this post?
Black and White or Color?
Which is the most pleasing to the eye?
 
Click To Enlarge

 

~Carly
Stockton, California
November 24th 2020
 
 

No comments: