Thursday, September 24, 2020

Art About Town: Oakdale "Yesterday Is Tomorrow"

 

"The leaves are changing; I feel poetry in the air."

~Laura Jaworski

In August I told you about our trip to Oakdale, but I saved a little back for future posts. Well, the future is pretty much now. So, here is a look at a little bit of art that can be found in the Central Valley. It sits in front of the Cowboy Museum and it is titled "Yesterday Is Tomorrow." It was installed in 1992, by artist, Betty Saletta, and is in bronze. I was rather disappointed that the cowboy didn't have a name, but that tends to be a running theme out here. There is a ton of references to the Old West, but it doesn't seem to be specific to any certain events. Its kinda like it's just a generic history of the Gold Rush. I don't know, maybe I just need to explore more out here perhaps. And I can do that, because vacation begins October 9th, and I am really looking forward to some autumn adventures. This photo was taken in the last month of summer, while the wildfire was coloring everything a strange orange/red hue. I wonder what Oakdale looks like under a crystal clear autumn sky. If the leaf below is a preview, I have a lot to look forward to! Stay tuned, because I have more to share!

The Leaf Of The Day


~Carly

September 24th 2020

Stockton, California

No comments: