Friday, September 25, 2020

West Lane Bowl (Mid-Century Beauty)

"An autumn garden has a sadness when the sun is not shining."

~Francis Brett Young

Cold Harbour

 In this case, the autumn garden is all the businesses shuttered, waiting for the Covid-19 to finally move on. Unfortunately, it seems like it will be a long time before San Joaquin County is out of the woods. There are so many places all over Stockton, with sad little notes proclaiming they will be back, and there will be better days, but I am not so sure. Trump is doing nothing to help this ugly time pass, in fact, he's reveling in it. Holding big rallies. Not encouraging any social distancing. It's sad. And the regular flu season is now just a heartbeat away. I feel for the businesses suffering.

 


Sorry, I meant to focus on the fact that this building is another example of magnificent mid-century style and architecture. I haven't been able to find much information about it, but apparently it predates 1963. I will try to do some more research to find out what it's story is. In the mean time, there is that amazing color combo of orange and turquoise again. A combination I noticed was also featured in the fabulous new Ryan Murphy series, Ratched. It's also set in Mid-20th Century, in a fictional psychiatric hospital, somewhere near Monterey. Maybe it will be explained within the series, you never know about these things, and it not, it gives me a nice excuse to visit the Monterey Peninsula in my quest.




Leaf Of The Day


~Carly
September 25th 2020
Stockton, California



No comments: