Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Lake Tahoe On A November Afternoon

"The river this November afternoon
Rests in an equipoise of sun and cloud:
A glooming light, a gleaming darkness shroud
It's passage. All seems tranquil, all the time."

~Cecil Day-Lewis
The Complete Poems Of C. Day Lewis

As I write this post, I am absolutely exhausted! Alan and I took a long drive to Lake Tahoe, and Carson City, Nevada on Monday, and I didn't have my pain medication with me, so I had to work extra hard to get some decent photographs, but I think I did okay. I was happy, for the most part! I will be sharing them as the week goes by. 

Most of the leaves are gone now, at least in the Sierra and Nevada, but Sacramento seems to be making a beautiful mess, so I will also be spending some time there, and perhaps even some time in Napa and Marin, and Sonoma Counties, where you can find touches of autumn, late into the year. It's all up to Mother Nature, but I feel good about the possibilities!

We'll See! 

#7 Leaf Of The Day
November 7th, 2017
Carson City, Nevada

 Mood: Tired/Happy
~Me :)
 

No comments: