Monday, November 06, 2017

In November... Sticks And Bones

 "In November, the trees are standing all sticks and bones. Without their leaves, how lovely they are, spreading their arms like dancers. They know it is time to be still."

~Cynthia Rylant
In November

I'm quiet tonight. History will record why, but I will share anyway. Another shooting in America. The loss of life is staggering, as it always is. Still, nothing is being done about gun control, banning the sale of assault weapons, bump stocks. No new funding for psychological help for veterans, in fact under the Trump budget funding for veterans will be cut. And I don't imagine tomorrow, or the next day, things will be any different. Nothing will change in the near future that will make any real difference to make us safer! But, at some point in America's future, it will take something truly unspeakable, something so horrific that I, thankfully, can't begin to imagine, will take have to take place, we will grieve deeply, yet again, but we will learn from it, and change.

I hope.
I dream. 
I wish. 
And yes, I pray.

All I want to do is love my husband forever. Photograph Autumn leaves, drink big mugs of hot chocolate, go to movies, watch old black and white spooky movies on tv, eat a mug of warm tomato soup, pet my cats, nap under my favorite cold weather throw, and put on my favorite sweaters, without worrying about being shot to death in the middle of an average day.

That's all I want.

"You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one."

~John Lennon
"Imagine"

#6 Leaf Of The Day
November 6th, 2017
Knight's Ferry, California


Mood: Sad
~Me

No comments: