"I'm gonna get that gun of mine... and up till now I've been forgiving and forgetting, because that's how I was brought up. But "ill tell you one thing: if you ever say another thing about me, or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine and I'm going to change you from a rooster to a hen in one shot."
~Doralee Rhodes ( Dolly Parton )
9 To 5
Two amazing performers left us exactly one week ago today, Dolly Parton and Time Curry. It would be wrong to not make this post a double feature, as both brought so much to the big screen, in two very different directions. My favorite movie that Dolly Parton did was 9 To 5. What a way to make a living! I loved the song, and hummed it often with my pals, boy and girl, when we worked at both the title company and the marketing offices. My pal, Steven, and I, worked at both companies, so it was an especially humorous inside joke that no one else got! Our actual hours were 8:30 to 5:00 but the truth of the story, and of the song, still held true... office workers rarely get the appreciation they deserve!
Dolly, Jane, and Lily brought it to life, as did Dabney Colman as their egotistical chauvinistic, misogynistic boss, and boy did I meet my share of those! And it was perfect! As 1980's movies go this was one of the best. The movie is directed by Colin Higgins, who never made a movie I've hated. Silver Streak, Foul Play, Harold and Maude, and 9 to 5 are all masterpieces! But this one has Dolly Parton in it, and that makes it all the more special! Dolly was a star in her first movie role as, Doralee Rhodes, and her star shined brightly!
9 To 5 Official Video
Stephen King's
"IT"
"I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you've ever been afraid of."
~ IT
Stephen King's "IT" ( 1990 )
In 1990, network tv introduced one of the scariest movies of all time, Stephen King's, IT. I am sure that you have either seen this version, or the remake that was done in 2017 and It Chapter 2, which was released in 2019. The remakes weren't for me, oh they were fine, but they just didn't scare me the way the original did! Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise was incredible. He brought the evil clown to life, and even if you never had a particular fear of clowns before, this clown would definitely haunt your dreams. He did mine! Tim Curry was such a good actor. Watching him as Pennywise, didn't make you think of Dr. Frank-N-Furter from the, Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's a good thing. Not all actors can shed an iconic roll, to move between movie rolls, but Time Curry did, and he did it brilliantly! Watch, IT, and you'll see the depth of his talent! I still worry about Pennywise showing up one day, having shed, Derry, in search of a new place to call home.
Beep, Beep Ritchie.
"Let go. Be afraid. You taste so much better when you're scared."
~Pennywise








No comments:
Post a Comment