Monday, August 31, 2026

When In Doubt, Throw It Out

 

"Microorganisms don't care who you are."

~Peter Begg
Chief Quality Manager at Lyons Magnus

It's been a summer of product recalls, well, actually, I've only been watching the product recall lists since the Taylor Farms recall of lettuce, sourced from their Mexico plant, just a month ago. I probably wouldn't be so hypervigilant about all of it, if Taylor Farms hadn't been a major donor of Donald Trump, and the Republican party. I have zero trust for those entities, but I do have trust in Elizabeth Warren, who is raising questions about how things unfolded with the Cyclospora outbreak, and with influence peddling and corruption this administration has engaged in. Hopefully she will continue looking until she gets the answers we all need to feel safe eating healthy foods again! The FDA's food recall list has everything on it from drugs, to dog food, to frozen foods and of course fresh foods. It's hard to know what to eat. I am doing okay, but I sure miss my berries and salads. But, like I said in an earlier post, I am going to start buying locally grown lettuce, rather than bagged prewashed salad mixes. Today I am purchasing a brand new salad spinner from Cuisinart. It looks like this...


... and after that, keeping vigilant and taking that extra time to be sure there is no cross contamination is happening in my own kitchen, after that, that's all I can do. I will give a review on my new Cuisinart gadget soon, because I am planning to start eating my veggies again, my body has been grouchy without them! Tomorrow I have a a field trip planned to visit my local, Trader Joes and Sprouts. I will post soon about that too!






No comments: