"If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you , I would be your slave."
~Emily Bronte
Wuthering Heights
Seriously. Natalie Harp needs help. How do I know? Because she displays the exact same obsession I witnessed one day, by a girl, who also had a lot of problems. Her name was Talia. She came for a visit and was staying at my mother-in-laws house. She wasn't visiting our family, she was an acquaintance of the minister of our church, yes, the man I briefly dated. At least he called those dates. It's debatable. Anyway, Talia became obsessed with the minister, and suddenly she announced that they were engaged, a fact he denied. Slowly she began to display odd behavior. Like that ne day, I think I have shared this story, when my brother-in-law called me on the phone, and very sweetly demanded that we pick Talia up together, from the local "mental health clinic" where she had just been taken by ambulance. Something had set her off, we never found out what exactly what the problem had been, but there it was.
Neither dear brother, nor or I, had any idea what to say to her on the car ride home. She sat in the backseat very quietly, with very dark eyes, staring off into space. Daryl and I were on the brink of nervous giggles, which was so bad under the circumstances, but what could we do, who knows if she was going to randomly freak-out? Fortunately, she didn't seem to notice our nerves! After we arrived home she went to her room, where she spent about an hour. When she emerged she was holding a large poster board with the words... "God became man as man became Gumby's." Yeah, I didn't get it either. Still don't. But I don't think about it that much either. Talia made her way back to Oregon in late August of that year, and after that, who needed to dwell. But that's not the same as forgetting all together!
Fast forward to Natalie Harp. Natalie is not Talia. She's worse. Both in her own behavior, and in her blind devotion to a serial abuser, misogynist, cheater, a man convicted by a jury of his peers of sexual misconduct and at the end of the day, he is a suspected pedophile. And that doesn't begin to cover the other characteristics of his personality, personal beliefs and decision making skills that have proven dangerous to this country! Does America need one more reason to be worried? Natalie is about one heartbeat away from turning into, Alex Deforest, from Fatal Attraction! Does America need to be wondering when Natalie will end up boiling Barron's bunny? She works in highest post of the United States government, she's more important than the president, she's Trump's Binky. And in that she's already moved culture, and probably military policy with her inane posts, such as the one depicting Trump as Jesus, she's already made some deeply negative impressions.





No comments:
Post a Comment