"I get to go places overseas... like Canada."
~Britney Spears
I think most Americans understand, and cherish, Canada as much as they should. Hell, ever Sarah Palin showed some fondness for Canada, when she shared her admiration for their health care, which she benefitted from when she was a child.
"Believe it or not... this was in the 60's... we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn't that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada."
~Sarah Palin
2010 Speech in Calgary, Canada
We get so much from Canada, not the least of which has been their unwavering support and friendship as a trading partner. The fought alongside us after 9/11 and have partnered in NATO. In fact, Canada supplies America some of the electricity Americans depend on. But I am sure Donald Trump realized none of that, when he took office. He has continuously threatened to take over Canada militarily, and make Canada the 51st state! Canada, by contrast, has been patient with the crazy, but it's was clear when the latest tariff fuss came to a fiery end, that Canada feels Trump's behavior can no longer tolerated. Thank God!
Stand tall, Canada! Do what you have to do to fight Trump's attempts at fascism! But don't forget, Americans love you, Trump is alone in all this nonsense! Mostly. Remember, there will be better days.
And now, a word from someone who gets it!



No comments:
Post a Comment