Thursday, September 26, 2024

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #5/Green Is An Autumn Color Too

 

"There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow,"
 
~Rudolfo Anaya
Bless Me Ultima
 
I spotted these leaves on a plant that was growing along the delta, and while the are a summer green, they have a gorgeous deep burgundy color in the center, and that struck me as being one of the perfect autumn leaves I have seen that brings the best of both seasons together! I wish I could have gotten closer to it, and I wish I knew what it was, but I just downloaded Google Lens, so hopefully that will do a lot for me in identifying a lot of plants and birds going forward this year. I am probably the last human to add Google Lens to their app collection, but better late than never!
 


No comments: