Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Baby Steps

 
Woodbridge road
Lodi, California
January 1st 2024
 
“Ten Things To Do In January:

• Read a good book
• Get a Library Card
• Walk 30 minutes a day
• Send a Birthday card to a friend
• Invest in a Fitness Tracker
• Buy a Coin jar and save those quarters and nickels
• Donate to a Charity
• Volunteer 45 minutes of your time to an Organization
• Take a Yoga Class
• Volunteer at Bingo night a Nursing Home” 
 
~Charmaine J. Forde 
 
That's a pretty good list, but it's not the list for me. Do I have a list? Not really, but I have decided to try some new things, so I guess trying them during the month of January is as good as any time. Case in point, I have decided to check out a local  Democratic club. I have always wanted to see what it would be like, so when I found myself in a fit of depression a couple weeks ago, I decided to look into it. The Central Valley is predominately republican, so it can be a challenge at times. I have felt like a fish out of water since we moved here in 2015. If it all works out, and they don't hate me too much, I will be able to help out and share my political hopes and fears with like minds as we move through 2024 and the lead up to the national election. I am hoping for the best. The first meeting is January 27th, and  I am really looking forward to it. I would also like to join a book club later this year, but baby steps. I feel like 2023 drop kicked me into this year, so baby steps is my current state, but I can't wait to see what happen next!



No comments: