Saturday, December 30, 2023

Goodbye, Farewell, Auf Weidersein To You... ROT IN HELL!

 
 “...the Nation would have no recourse to deter a President from inciting his supporters during a State of the Union address to kill opposing lawmakers—thereby hamstringing any impeachment proceeding—to ensure that he remains in office unlawfully..."
 
~Court filing to the U.S. Court of Appeals
 for the District of Columbia Circuit
 12/30/2023

 

This morning, Special Prosecutor Jack Smith filed an 82 page request with a D.C. appeals court asking them to reject Trump's assertion of presidential immunity. That quote above pretty much sums up his argument. How fucking scary is the prospect of something like that actually happening? The court is scheduled to return it's verdict on his request on January 9th. Hope, at least the way I am looking at it, is hanging by a thread. We could lose the country I grew up in. Humans tend to not learn from history. Sometimes I wonder why it is even taught in school. Wait... is it still taught in schools? If you follow the news at all, I guess it depends on where you live what history is. You know what they say, history is written by the winners. In America's current state that might have never been more true. 

 

I wish Trump would just stop hurting everyone. I will never have a day in the remainder of my life where his name won't be mentioned somewhere. God I miss the 1970's. It was the last decade before Trump became a household word. Now not only do we have Trump, but we also have his grubby little minions, like Alex Jones, who was recently allowed back on X. A platform I plan to move on from very soon. New Year's Eve to be exact. I was supposed to pull the plug last year, and I ended up staying out of laziness. SHAME ON ME! No more. NO MORE. I am done. I just hope my pals come with me, it's lonely starting over, and besides the good folks I know are better than X. There is better out there for all of us. I will be on Threads, Facebook and IG. Hey, Xander Berkeley just followed me the other day, and I will find some new folks I wouldn't have met otherwise. But nothing will replace my Twitter pals.


 All is not lost.

 We are all better than X. 



 

No comments: