Thursday, December 07, 2023

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #77

 

“Days decrease, / And autumn grows, autumn in everything.” 

~Robert Browning 
 
Winter is knocking at the front door, It rained yesterday, and brought with it cold temperatures. Autumn in California, the San Joaquin County specifically, takes you from the last of the summer's heat, the kind of heat the Mexican Free-tailed bat like to play in, to winter chill, the kind of chill that brings us the gorgeous Common Merganser. I haven't seen any yet, but I can't imagine they wont be much longer in their arrival. Anyway, for this to be considered the saddest part of the autumn season, the death brought by winter's bite, everything, including the tree in the yard has burst with color and beauty. It's as if the autumn is screaming, FUCK YOU, WINTER, I WILL DIE IF I WANT TO, AND IF I DON'T WANT TO, FUCK YOU! Not all years are like that. This year, Autumn nudged summer out of the way, and it is nudging winter too. If this keeps up, I should be able to find autumn leaves well into spring, and if possible, I will!


No comments: