Thursday, December 07, 2023

Winter Art

 

“Sometimes one is stuck helplessly between autumn and winter:
 One does not want autumn to end,
 but one does not want to miss the beauties of winter either.” 
 
~Mehmet Murat ildan 
 
This photo was taken earlier this year, in winter, I think some time in late January or early February. It kinda looks like a barn, or perhaps studio flats, long forgotten, yet still barely standing on a farm on Woodbridge road. All the water you see is the result of one of the Atmospheric rivers that hit the state of California early in 2023. The devastating rain made rivers out of farm roads, and made it possible to see hundreds of swan swimming about. I took the photo of the swans and the Great Egret on the same day as this shack, it was just stunning. I am not sure if the shack/barn still stands, I hope to check soon, and if it does I will post an update. Or maybe I will just post something new from Woodbridge road. You know how it is, you go in search of a specific thing, and usually see so much more than you plan for. Photography is never dull!
 


No comments: