Monday, October 23, 2023

The Friends You Make In Autumn


 “If, of all the seasons, there is a season in which a person completely forgets himself and constantly watches the magical environment, it is undoubtedly autumn!” 

~Mehmet Murat ildan 
 

I went leaf peeping with a squirrel the other day. It's true! I was in Sacramento the other day looking for leaves, and suddenly there it was, chattering and climbing up and down a big Sweet gum tree. He bounced in and out of a pile of leaves, and ran in funny little circles. He followed me for a bit, and then skedaddled back up his tree, where he continued to chatter. I think he wanted to tell me that just across the park, sat a gorgeous oak tree with freshly turned leaves. Or maybe he was just asking why I had to go all the way to Sacramento to find leaves? Maybe he was actually yelling some squirrel obscenity at me. "Lady, don't even think about stealing my acorns!" Yeah, I think that was probably it! It's okay, we just need time to make friends. I am sure we will meet again, as I visit several times in the season, because Sacramento is glorious this time of year!
 
 



No comments: