Wednesday, November 02, 2022

The Colors Of Autumn And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #42

 

Autumn
By Kalidasa
 
The autumn comes, a maiden fair
in slenderness and grace
With nodding rice-stems in her hair
And lilies in her face.
 
In flowers of grasses she is clad;
And as she moves along,
Birds greet her with their cooing glad
Like bracelets' tinkling song.
 
It's only the second day of November, and two wonderful things have happened. The magnificent Snow goose has returned to the Central Valley, and the first real downpour of autumn has occurred. Yesterday, I had to get out my cold weather wear. In fact, I got to wear, for the very first time, my brown, fuzzy, leopard patterned sweater I bought last year. I just never got around to wearing it! It stayed very warm through November, and I brought a lot of clean cloths with me from the old house. Then I got sick, and didn't do much out in the world, And there you have it. But it's going to get a workout this year. It's already becoming an old favorite, as are my green and brown cardigans. As I said in a previous post, on Halloween, we were treated to the appearance of the first adult Snow goose of the season, and it's juvenile companion. We will be doing A LOT of birding so I know those sweaters will come in handy. And as you might guess, I am sitting here, smiling at the thought of how much beauty is surrounding me right now.
 






And The Leaf Of The Day...



~Me
 

No comments: