Thursday, November 03, 2022

Three Egrets And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #43

 

"II was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow."

~Wendy Delsol
Stork

I wanted this shot to work. It was the perfect autumn day. But it was not just any perfect autumn day, it was late in the day, on a perfect autumn day in late October. October only comes once a year, and I wanted to capture it forever. As you can see, autumn colors have been kicking in slowly but it's not altogether dreary. The ducks, geese and cranes were out to play along Desmond road, and the Great Egret were dancing all around. I don't have very many photos of egrets, so I decided to get in a little practice with them. I almost got it, as they sailed in for a landing in the dry weeds, but it was just out of my grasp. This was the best I could do. I think I was getting lost in autumn. It's light, it's colors, the sound of the birds. Everything seemed to be telling me to put the camera down and enjoy the sight, and that's just what I did. Some moments in life are just about perfect. This one came late in the day, on an perfect autumn day, in late October 2022.



~Me

No comments: