Tuesday, November 01, 2022

The Snow Goose Has Arrived And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #41

 
 
"The sound of geese flying overhead,
 is the sound of life moving on."
 
~Marty Rubin 
 
There it is. A beautiful snow goose. Well, actually, one adult snow goose, and one juvenile. I have been wondering when they would arrive, now I know, so I will begin looking for them around the end of October, even more reason to love that month the way that I do! I think I might have been a bit impatient, so, as they say, a watched pot never boils, advice I would have been smart to have taken, and I hate to use a cooking example, but you get my drift. Anyway they are on their way, and that means nothing but pure joy for me, because I know that one day, very soon, I will be treated to, at the slightest of whims, the sound of large flocks of Snow Geese, Canada Geese, Cackling Geese, Great White-fronted Geese, Sandhill Cranes, and every other type of bird all taking to the sky in one giant roar of wings flapping and beaks singing, and that is just about the happiest sound I know, unless it is a cable car climbing a high steep hill in San Francisco. Clang, clang, honk, honk. Seriously, it only takes one goose becoming spooked, for the entire sky to be filled with birds. Or one lady, lonely for San Francisco, to bring music to one's ears.
 
Like this...
 

Sandhill Crane, Cackling Geese, Canada Geese, Red-winged Blackbird, American kestrel, Mourning Dove


(J) Snow Goose




 

No comments: