Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #40

 

"Haunt an old house.
Ask for a treat.
Laugh like a witch.
Lick something sweet.
Offer a trick.
Wander a maze.
Echo a boo.
exclaim the phrase.
Normal's unnatural on Halloween."

~Rochelle E. Goodrich
Making Wishes: Quotes, Thoughts, & Little Poetry
 For Every Day Of The Year

Oh dear, we are here already? We are at Halloween? I suppose that means I have been happy, doesn't it? Is that a good thing? You bet it is! I am feeling more and more like my old self every day! The bad part is, of course, that time goes by way too fast. As of today we are one-third of the way through my favorite season, but I should just own the fact that autumn really lasts longer than 90 days, or three months, or whatever way you like to measure it, because, truth is, I will still be looking for leaves when Easter arrives. And I will find it! So, I don't feel sadness today, I just feel really happy that Covid-19 is nearly gone, I can eat most foods again, my brain feels less foggy, and life is, once again, worth not just living but also exploring. 
 
So, in that I am feeling much more enthusiastic, here are some old fashioned Halloween cards I have made. I loved getting them when I was a child. Sometimes in school, sometimes they were attached to my Halloween candy. It reminded me of Valentine's Day cards. A gorgeous picture on the outside, on the inside a favorite poem or saying or maybe even a joke. I love that part of owning a computer. Having some fun and making it all more sentimental by choosing one of my favorite photographs to make it all the more personal, fulls me with a lot of happiness.
 
 












~Me

No comments: