Friday, October 14, 2022

Desmond Road In Farm County And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #23

 

"His eyes reflected the open grey of the autumnal sky."

~Juliet Marillier
Daughter Of The Frost

 
The farm country added some new ducks to it's various ponds this week. Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Ring-necked ducks, Green-winged Teal, and mallards all showed up in the pond on Desmond road. It's a happy feeling to see the birds enjoying autumn as much as I do. Soon, I hope, the Snow geese will arrive, and after that, who knows? All I know is I enjoy the annual migration of birds, and I can't help but marvel at their ability to survive and thrive. I didn't sit and count how many different species of bird flew past me today, because I was too busy enjoying the sounds of farm country and the world of Desmond road, in Galt, California.
 

 

~Me

No comments: