Tuesday, January 26, 2021

January 20th 2021 Part Two

It's a slightly different format for this post. It was an unusual day, and it called for an unusual post on this blog.

 

First this happened

 "Power is okay, and stupidity is usually harmless.
 Stupidity and power together are dangerous."

~Patrick Rothfuss
The Name Of The Wind

As you might imagine, I didn't sleep very well during the overnight hours of January 20th 2021. I was sure it was over, and that he was going to leave, but there was the stomach churning feeling that he might still pull one last rabbit out of his hat. One last terrifying rabid rabbit, that would start a war, or perhaps nuclear war. Knowing him, both seemed a fairly reasonable possibility. If neither of those things happened, perhaps that recurring nightmare I told you about, could happen. But as of 8:17 AM Eastern Time, it was wheels up, and my camera was ready to take a photo, off the TV in our bedroom, as Trump was on his way to Joint Base Andrews, and ultimately Mara-Lago. Leaving behind his disgraced presidency, as the only president to be Impeached twice!

Next Came This...
Kamala Harris Took The Oath Of Office
Making History By Becoming The First Female
 Vice President Of The United States
At 11:42 AM ET

Finally...

Joseph R. Biden Became The 46th President Of The United States
 

And with that, I decided to get caught up with all the sleep I had missed the last 4 years. We (America) were safe again. Or at least for a while. Trump, and his death cult, will still be hovering like a dark cloud, especially during his second Impeachment trial, which will begin, by the way, on February 9th 2021. But in the moment I, and most of the world, sighed a deep sigh of relief because were were finally safe again. We did it! We survived it.
 
Here are the headlines from around the world...





Plenty happened later that day, but I decided to take a few days off, and let history handle it. There will be plenty to share on this blog, as I move forward with regaining my footing. I'll get there, but there is no way I am going to push it. I am retired from politics now, or at least for the time being. I love my country, so I will share my happiness, and heartache, from time to time, but right now I'd much rather talk about my photography, and the silly little mishaps I tend to get myself into. This blog schedule will be more consistent going forward. Adjusting for Alan's hours, I will be posting as stated below. And that's that! I am going to enjoy not having a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Of not living with that abusive relationship. Just life, my life, our life, lived to the fullest. At least until 2024, when the next national election takes place. With any luck at all, every single one of the Trump's, and their sycophants, will be behind bars. With the exception of Mary Trump. She can stay.
 
But One Thing At A Time. Lets Enjoy This For A While.


Everything In It's Time.
 
(Blog Schedule For 2021)
 
Tuesday Through Friday
 
~Carly


No comments: