Monday, October 05, 2020

The Pretty Red Hen Of Knight's Ferry


"The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into winter wools."

~Henry Beston 

My thoughts are scattered. Scattered like a million leaves at the base of a tree in autumn. I'm in October. My favorite beautiful, luscious, tasty month of autumn, and I am feeling uninspired. Some of it is stress. The ballots are being sent out to voters today. I want it to arrive tomorrow, but I know that probably isn't going to happen. It will be at least Wednesday before I see it, which in any other year, would be just fine, but this year it feels like forever.

 Trump pulled one hell of a stunt yesterday, with that little joyride he took around Walter Reed hospital, just so he could hear applause from his cultists. Again, history won't fail to document it, but it's so hard to take. It was dangerous for the agents who had to accompany him. It's embarrassing. It's frightening. It's unnecessary. And who is going to tell him NO? That's the frustrating part.

 Political analysts, pundits, and even folks like myself will complain, but ultimately there is very little going to happen over it. Was he sick or not? How could he have Covid-19 and find the will and energy to do something so incredibly stupid? I guess I will have to leave that up to history too. Vacation begins in four days, will history be able to answer that question by then, who knows? All I know is, nothing at all. But isn't that a pretty little hen? I took that photo in 2017, and never posted it. Whats up with that? The photos of the leaves are also from my archives. I guess some autumns just make more sense than others.


 

Today's Autumn Leaf Of The Day



~Carly

October 5th 2020

Stockton, California

 

No comments: