Tuesday, October 06, 2020

To All The Skeletons I Have Loved Before


"First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys. Not that all months aren't rare. But one strange year, Halloween came early... don't you ditch me, Jim Nightshade... don't talk of death. Someone might hear... ." 

~Ray Bradbury

Something Wicked This Way Comes

And A Sound Of Thunder

They may not be exercising social distancing, but they do have masks on... at least some of them do. Anyway, they made me smile because it looks like Halloween is pretty much cancelled this year, especially in Berkeley, where I took this photo, and I don't want to miss everything about my favorite holiday. Alameda County was hit really hard by Covid-19, so it doesn't make it practical or healthy to celebrate.

I will miss opening the door to little monsters, and decorating, but it got me thinking about some awesome Halloween decorations I have photographed over the years, and so beginning this week, I want to feature a different symbol of spooky Halloween macabre I seen here and there, and concluding the night before Halloween!


 

First Up... Skeletons!

North Beach, San Francisco, California

 
 
 

Carson City, Nevada

Auburn, California


 Stockton, California

 

San Francisco, California

 

 Camino California, Apple Hill, Rainbow Orchards


 Today's Autumn Leaf Of The Day #15


Carly

October 6th 2020

Stockton, California

 

No comments: