Sunday, October 04, 2020

A Month Of Sundays Or 30 Days


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

~Albert Camus

 Well, the election is under a month from now. Or exactly 30 days, depending on how you choose to measure it. November 3rd in any case. A month of Sundays. Three weeks into our vacation. A date on the calendar. It feels like time is standing still, and yet here we are on our 13th leaf for this autumn. We got here so quickly. It feels like the next 30 days will be the scariest of my life. History will save it for beach reading one day, if there is a one day. Lord I am tired, and maybe a little tender, but getting lost in the leaves makes me so happy and takes my mind off all the scary stuff. Just think... that pretty little leaf is one of a kind, I will never see another one exactly like it. That has always felt downright magical to me. No autumn day should ever be wasted indoors, lost in despair.


 

~Carly

October 4th 2020

Stockton, California 

No comments: