Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Art About Town: Stockton... "Sea Blue, Celadon And Amber Chandelier"

 

"There is something incredibly nostalgic

 about the annual cascade of autumn leaves."

~Joe L. Wheeler

Look... A beautiful new piece of Public Art, and I found it in what seemed like an unlikely place, the Stockton Administrative Building, in downtown. I was there last Monday, to drop off my ballot for the 2020 election. Don't worry, that post is coming up in a few days, because of course I have something to say, and you know me, I never miss a chance a to talk politics! Anyway, in the lobby of the building was this marvelous piece of art. It reminded me of a beautiful autumn beacon, lighting the way. A good omen I think. A sign that this autumn is going to be okay. That November 3rd will be okay. That Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will lead us out of this depressing, and terrifying time that was this administrations term of office.

 Yes, I know, it wasn't installed yesterday. It was actually dedicated in 2009, but it's the first time I have seen it. In 2016 Alan dropped off our ballots, and he did it again last March, so Monday was my first time visiting the Registrar Of Voters. Since moving here, I have been in a self-imposed mental prison about living in Stockton, but I am okay now. The sadness of leaving the Bay Area has healed, and I am feeling like my old self, despite the depression Donald Trump inspires. Hopefully that nightmare is almost over. The anti-depressants have helped, but the help I have really needed came from the goddess of autumn, and some inspiring autumn Public Art like this! How will Public Art help unseat Trump? It won't. But what it does do is help improve my mood, as we prepare for what might be.

 Right now things feel like we have a real chance to see an autumn corrective coming. I know he is going to throw every dirty trick in the book at it, try to hurt us, and the nation, but I feel like, in the end, we have a good chance. I'm not thinking about it too much. I just want to get through the next 20 days. Just let it go by and get to November 3rd. Although there is a little piece of me, the frightened part of me, that does occasionally visit the dark place. The place that makes me believe that Monday, November 2nd, might be the last day we see as free Americans. I suppose it's not very healthy to spend too much time in either season, which is fine, I would rather spend my time in autumn and art. That's where I am at peace.

Sea Blue, Celadon And Amber Chandelier 

By Artist Dale Chihuly



Autumn inspiration from January 14th 2020

My Chandelier...


Today's Autumn Leaf Of The Day #23



~Carly

October 14th 2020

Stockton, California


No comments: