Thursday, October 15, 2020

Let There Be Autumn Light

 

 

"It was a beautiful bright autumn day,

 with air like cider and sky so blue you could drown in it."

~Diana Gabaldon

Outlander

Few words. I am really tired. So tired that my body is screaming. I am not sleeping again. Yesterday, when I had been up well over 24 hours, I decided it might be a good idea to begin chasing down some autumn, first in Ione, second in Apple Hill. Bad idea! LOL. Not only did I find very little in autumn color, but it only served to exhaust me even more, but I did get a few nice shots in Ione. My little tree, just to the side of the downtown, has never let me down. It's still producing lovely leaves, and from year to year, I am never sure what color will be prominent, so it's always an adventure. This year it's red! A power color! Hopefully that's a good omen as well. We will overcome all this. We will be strong, and I will sleep again. Maybe as soon as November. 


~Carly

October 15th 2020

Stockton, California

 

No comments: