Saturday, November 02, 2019

Falling In Love In San Francisco

 

"Or maybe spring is the season of love
 and fall the season of mad lust. Spring for flirting but fall for the
 untamed delicious wild thing."

~Elizabeth Cohen
The Hypothetical Girl 

I am no world traveler, but I did get to see different cities in America, when I went on a Greyhound bus adventure with my parents. Fred MacMurray talked them into it. By the way, you have to be five years on either side of my age to know who that is! LOL. Anyway, I was 16 years old, and I was really happy to see what life outside California looked like! One of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen, was in Flagstaff Arizona.

 Imagine a beautiful late July sunset, with the fabulous Saguaro cactus in dark silhouette. It made an impression on me. Sometimes I think my interest in sunsets, comes from that single sunset all those years ago. In any case, all those cities had something unique and wonderful about them. History was the one thing they all had in common.

Which brings me back to my beautiful San Francisco. This series of photos includes the Golden Gate Bridge, Ocean Beach, but also points south of San Francisco, like Point Montara and Half Moon Bay. The light is beautiful. The city is beautiful. Autumn is beautiful. All those other cities I have been lucky enough to see, are beautiful, but none of them will ever match the beauty of San Francisco, and the Pacific coast. Like the great Herb Caen once said...

" One day, if I do go to heaven,
 I'll look around and say, 'it aint bad,
 but it ain't San Francisco' "

~Herb Caen

Someday, if I make it to Heaven, I will have to have a long chat with him about the coastline of Marin and the San Mateo peninsula. I bet I will be able to talk him into loving it all as much as I do. San Francisco inspires so much in me, artistically speaking. If you can't fall in love in San Francisco... you can't fall in love!

Here is San Francisco
 and points along the coast
 in no particular order!




#41 Leaf Of The Day
November 2nd 2019
Cull Canyon
Nikon

 ~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)


No comments: