Friday, November 01, 2019

Punky #57 But Also #29

"Halloween is a day in which some people choose to wear a mask... while others finally feel safe to take theirs off."

~Steve Maraboli

We have a tradition in our house. Alan designs the pumpkin's facial expressions, and I get to clean it out. I couldn't be happier with that arrangement. I love every little thing about a fresh pumpkin, from the seeds to the little strings of beta carotene. Gutting the pumpkin was my job as a kid as well. My dad carved some awesome pumpkins. He preferred the tall flat ones, but I always liked the classic round ones. No matter which one we ended up with, we had fun. Halloween was always my favorite holiday, because it was the one day when my parents didn't argue. Mom ignored it. Dad embraced it and it worked out. Alan grew up in a happy, healthy home, so he has a fondness for the day in the purest sense. We had a good day. He and I watched horror movies, and had our traditional Mexican cuisine, and ate a lot of candy! It was my 57 Halloween, and I am grateful to have made it this far!


 This is Punky #57 of my life, but the 29th of our marriage!


#40 Leaf Of The Day
November 1st 2019
Half Moon Bay, California
Nikon

~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

No comments: