Saturday, November 24, 2018

Rusty Autumn Harvest

"Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron and russet,
 and the days were clear and crisp under harvest skies."

~Sharon Kay Penman
Time And Chance

Everything, even a rusty old truck, is beautiful in autumn. I loved this scene, when we happened upon it, on our visit to Apple Hill, earlier this week. I am sure that beautiful old farm truck carries a lot memories for someone. Did it carry the best of an autumn harvest? Apples? Pumpkins? Pears? Maybe even grapes for wine? How many autumn harvests did it work through? Was it loved and appreciated? I will probably never know, but I can see its life in my imagination, and I will always remember the warmth I felt inside, as I was looking at it through the lens of my Nikon! I just had to photograph it! Even if no one else has a harvest memory attached to it, at least I do, and it makes me feel really good!

 #64 Leaf Of The Day
November 24th 2018
Monterey, California
October 17th 2018
Nikon

~Mood: Happy
~Me

No comments: