Friday, November 23, 2018

First Autumn Rain Is The Sweetest

"It was a beautiful autumn day, with air like cider
 and a sky so blue you could drown in it."

~Diana Gabaldon
Outlander

Blue Skies
Thursday November 22nd 2018
Thanksgiving
Home

The rain finally arrived on Wednesday, and it was a was such a welcome relief, it was almost as if Mother Nature gave Northern California a gift and something to be truly thankful for! And believe me, we were, and I am betting everyone shared in the joy of those raindrops! We can finally breathe clean air again, and as of last night, the Camp Fire, in Butte County is 95% contained! While that is truly something to be grateful for, the folks of Paradise have a long way to go before their lives will be back to any semblance of normal! It will a hard climb, but we in California are tougher than we seem, and there has been some incredible generosity directed at that community. Prayers really do help, because it's always good to know folks care enough to take it to God, or send some positive energy, when one is down and out. 

I have so much to be thankful for this holiday. Alan, the boys, food in my cabinets, and love in my heart for humanity. The midterms was pretty great too! Politics makes the world go around, and now we have the Congress to keep Trump in check, which makes me feel a whole lot safer! I also have my leaves to be thankful for! I have seen so many lovely leaves this year, that it isn't even possible to photograph them all for this project, but I hope to finish this year, with one big burst of color, that so far, hasn't made it into my postings. I want to celebrate the beauty that is all around me. The beauty that is sometimes in my own yard! I am happy. Really happy. Now, is life perfect? OH HELL NO! There are still some serious financial matters hanging in the air. I have NO idea if we will be here next year, but I do know that with Alan's love, and the boys snuggles, we will be alright. 

 Thanksgiving Dinner
Thursday November 22nd 2018
Home

A Perfect Autumn Leaf
November 17th 2018
Stockton California

 
And another gift of beauty from autumn!

And another...

 #63 Leaf Of The Day
November 23rd 2018
Stockton California
Samsung


~Mood: Thankful
~Me 

No comments: