Friday, November 16, 2018

But You Can't Plead With Autumn

"But you can't plead with autumn. No. The midnight wind stalked through the woods, hooted to frightened you, swept everything away for the approaching winter, whirled the leaves."

~Yevgeny Zamyatin
We

The season of autumn, in California, has officially turned chilly. Thanksgiving is less that a week away, and all I really want to do is drink a hot cup of cocoa, and nap with my cats. I love autumn, but it's getting painful now. The arthritis in my hands is interfering with what I would like to be doing, which is, of course, being out with my camera daily. I haven't been out in a few days, but I did make it out to my porch early last night, even if it was painful. I have been trying to keep an eye on how the smoke from the fire up north, is affecting the appearance of the moon. The air in the Central Valley is still listed as unhealthy, and I have been having trouble breathing, but apparently the air in the Bay Area is even worse. Because of the smoke, and my physical pain, I am not sure how much more natural autumn I will be able to experience this year, but I will find it when and where I can. You know me, if there is an autumn leaf still on a tree, I will find it. In the mean time, snuggles with the cats is a pretty nice part of autumn too!

 #56 Leaf Of The Day
November 16th 2018
Photographed October 29th 2018
Stockton, California
Samsung





~Mood: Quiet
~Me

 

No comments: