Saturday, November 17, 2018

Maybe Late Afternoon Is Autumn


"Maybe late afternoon is autumn; summer's retreat not being archived, but suspended, as the feathered vane of the bird wings it's way across the avenue."

~Michelle Cahill
The Accidental Cage 


It makes me sad to have to dig though my October files, to be able to post a little autumn, but it's what has to be done, until the rain comes in late next week, and clears the air of the heavy toxins lingering from the fire up north. I used to enjoy it when the air turned cold, and I could smell the wood burning fireplaces in the neighborhood, but at the moment it just makes me terribly sad. My goodness, a roaring fireplace is as a part of all the wonderful memories of late autumn, as leaves pumpkin pie and hot apple cider are. There air is so thick with smoke, my eyes are burning, and as nightfall comes, it only gets worse. I am devastated for the victims of the fire in Paradise, it's a complete HELL space there. A lot of natural beauty was lost, and it will be years before it's restored, if it ever is! So, I expect, for the remainder of my autumn journey, I will be posting my Leaf Of The Day photos, but perhaps not very many landscapes. Not this year. Maybe I can learn to find autumn elsewhere for a little while.

 #57 Leaf Of The Day
November 17th 2018
Photographed October 11th, 2018
Samsung


~Mood: Tired
~Me

No comments: