Thursday, October 11, 2018

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS And The Leaf of The Day


California Academy Of Sciences
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
October 20th 2010

"When the wolf howls and the moon dims
hope fades with the waning light
Evil lurks at every turn as shadows waltz
across the ebony night.
Behold the midnight hour
where all of reason takes flight."

~Grace Willows 

Our vacation Begins Today! What does that have to do with that charming creature above? Absolutely nothing!
Yay!

The Madagascar Hissing Cockroach is one scary bug! Bugs and creepy crawlies are scary enough for me with just their appearance, but now they have some that also hiss? Hissing from a cat can be scary, because it usually means, they are about to scratch the living fuck out of you, but a hissing cockroach, that's crossing a line I simply refuse to deal with! This little specimen was behind glass, and I couldn't look at it for about 20 minutes or so. Once I did, it took forever to get my courage up to photograph it, even knowing full well, there was no danger, whatsoever, of it attacking me! In the end, I did get my courage up, and I took the photograph. It was cool that it all happened in October, because one expects to be frightened in October, but damn, I don't think I want to meet that guy in a dark alleyway, in the dead of night... in October!

 #20 Leaf Of The Day
October 11th, 2018
Stockton, California


~Mood: Scared
~Me :)




No comments: