Friday, October 12, 2018

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice


"October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!"

~Rainbow Rowell
Attachments


Alan and I went on our first trip to Berkeley, of the autumn season, yesterday and the leaves were glorious! We didn't make it downtown on this trip, we spent our time in Tilden, just enjoying the fresh air, and the landscape. One of my favorite trees, located near Little Farm, was beginning to show some happy color. Oranges and hints of purple mostly, but there were some green and yellow making a showing as well. It will be another week or so, before the colors go deeper, and then the window for it won't be open long, so it's a matter of keeping watch as much as possible.

 I am not sure how often I will be able to visit, because we have a lot of destinations planned for this vacation, but for the first day, all in all, it wasn't a bad start. After the leaf peeping, it was down to Orinda, for a free showing of Beetlejuice at the lovely old Orinda Theater. If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you probably remember that we, traditionally, start our vacation each year, on the second Thursday of October, which is free movie night at the Orinda! It began four years ago with, Rosemary's Baby, and now it wouldn't be autumn, or vacation time, without it!

 Can you believe, Beetlejuice turns 30 years old this year? It came out just 6 months before Alan and I began dating! The last time either of us saw it, we were just friends, and now, all these years later, we are just two days shy of our 28th wedding anniversary! It was a pretty strange feeling to realize that that much time had gone by. Other than the strands of white hair we both have now, and my arthritis, standing in line felt exactly the same as the first time we  went to see the movie together, in 1988! 

Time goes by so fast, when you laugh together as often as we do!

#21 Leaf Of The Day
October 12th, 2018
Cull Canyon Park, California




~Mood: Happy
~Me :)



 

No comments: