Sunday, October 14, 2018

Art Like A Falling Yellow Leaf

"Sadness, is an autumn, within an autumn."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

The Orinda Theater, which I spoke about in a previous post, is a gorgeous independent movie house, which opened on December 27th, 1949. Well past the age of the Art Deco movement, yet all through the theater are window panels and architectural lines, reminiscent of that earlier era of design! That theater is fabulous, and I will be doing a more in-depth posting about it at a later date, because I love supporting little individual gems, such as single movie houses, but for now, just gaze at that gorgeous window panel.

I snapped this photo when Alan and I were at the Orinda the other night, to see, Beetlejuice! Look at that panel, isn't it absolutely enchanting? That style just mesmerizes me, and it doesn't hurt that it somewhat resembles a falling yellow autumn leaf! Maybe its my love of autumn, the way it reminds me of the art deco movement, or vise versa. I'm not sure, but I think as I travel along during this vacation, I might see how many more art deco designs I can find to admire, while I'm searching out those falling yellow leaves!

I'll find autumn in anything I guess!

#23 Leaf Of The Day
October 14th, 2018
Ione, California




~Mood: Happy
~Me :)

No comments: