Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Leftovers

"What happens when you pray for an angel
 and get a vampire instead?"

~R.E. Mullins

I have always loved that quote! It kinda celebrates
 Halloween and Christmas in one shot!
 Tis the season!

Capitol Christmas Tree
Sacramento, California
December 23rd, 2017

New Year's Day is still a few days off, so I think it's okay to finish up the season by showing a few more holiday sights from here in the Central Valley and Sacramento. This is the Capitol Christmas tree, that usually goes up around Thanksgiving, and disappears sometime just after the start of the year, like in most towns I guess.  Sacramento actually has two holiday trees, this one, and one in Old Sacramento, which is traditionally lit on Black Friday! Of the two trees, I think the one in front of the capitol is my favorite! The lights seem more calming and nostalgic to me. Shrug. I guess holiday decorations are in the eyes of the beholder!

Christmas Tree
Old Sacramento
December 23rd, 2017

 

Mood: Happy
~Me :)

No comments: