Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Wintumn

"There is October in every November and there is November in every December! All seasons melted in each other's life."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

Alan and I took a ride up to Sacramento last week, and on the way there, I was lucky enough to find some autumn leaves still clinging to the trees! It was very late in the day, on December 23rd, and the sun was obscured by just enough bluish clouds to make a coat necessary, the lighting outside breathtaking! A rare occurrence in the Central Valley! It sometimes feels like the seasons here, turn on a flip of a switch! They don't seem to move in gradual motions from one season to the next, like in the Bay Area, so I guess I imagined that all the trees would look like stick skeletons, and all signs that 2017 even had an autumn would be gone, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't the case.

Winter is being kind this year. It's taking it's time this year, rather than hitting me over the head with frost, and bone chilling cold. While some trees were beautifully bare, other trees seemed to be defiant of winter's intrusion. I suppose they will give up their leaves eventually, but for now I have scenes like these, to keep my daydreams of a perpetual autumn, to keep me alive! And with any luck, maybe we will have another year like 2012, when I could still find autumn leaves, next to trees with beautiful apple and Quince blossoms, side by side! I would really love that! Another 2012 would be nice!



"Live in moments that consume your heart and mind,
 but be distracted by the music from the leaves,
 birds, wind, rain, sun and people."

~Val Uchendu

Live. In. The. Moments. That. Consume. Your. Soul.




Mood: Quiet/Happy
 ~Me


No comments: