Saturday, November 04, 2017

Autumn Dwellings

Knight's Ferry, California
October 26th, 2017

"NOVEMBER, Noun, The Eleventh Twelfth Of A Weariness."

~Ambrose Bierce
Devil's Dictionary

I am beginning to not hate spider webs, as long as they aren't on me, or too close by. This one was a few feet from me, on the day I photographed it, and it had a beautiful appeal to it, with it's jewel and earth tones, shining with the warm autumn sun resting on it, but it was quite large, therefore I was reluctant to get too close to it. I was sad about that, because in a creative way I would have appreciated seeing the spider, or spiders, that worked so hard on it! It was clearly old in parts but there was also what appeared to be brand new silk, I think this had been a multi-family dwelling. It was decorated nicely, in most of the colors I gravitate to this time of year, so whoever lived there, they clearly have a talent for decorating!
 

I enlarged the photo somewhat, and did some sharpening, and finally spotted one tiny occupant of this autumn house.
 Do you see the spider?

#4 Leaf Of The Day
October 28th, 2017
Quincy, California

  
Mood: Creative
~Me :)
 

No comments: